Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cheap Makeup For These Broke-Assed Times






1. I was at Ulta today and had my little canister of Bare Minerals (at $25) when I saw the Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation. Ok, they look identical. Same consistency, same ingredients. I went with Maybelline at $10. It works pretty much identical to Bare Minerals, maybe not as luminescent but then I prefer a more matted look anyway. Score. 



2. I usually use Lush's Ultra Bland for face washing but haven't been able to afford it. Ponds Cold Cream for the win! I've never used cold cream before (I wasn't even sure it was still made) and just started tonight and my face is crazy soft right after using it. Check me in a week after use, hopefully it won't make me break out. I do know that most face washes dry me out really bad and usually I'm on a dead run from the bathroom sink to the moisturizer and even then I'm left with the skin around my nose peeling off like I've just had the mother of all sunburns (it's as gross as it sounds).


3. Cover Girl's Lash Blast mascara is the absolute shit. Mascara and red tinted lip glosses are my makeup achilles heel. I know from mascara. The irony is that I naturally have pretty long eyelashes yet I'm always on the lookout for a good lengthening/volumizing mascara that doesn't make me look like I'm wearing false eyelashes. Lash Blast does an awesome job of making my lashes look all feathery and light while making them longer and thicker. Win. 

Don't get me wrong, I most definitely prefer Bare Minerals, Lush and M.A.C. mascara and I firmly believe that you get what you pay for. Like everyone else I'm broke and need to find ways to save money here and there. I can and will spend a ridiculous amount of money on makeup and face care products. These products may not be the best that money can buy, but they're certainly the best that my money can buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment